California Title 20
Effective January 1, 2018 the California Energy Commission is mandating new efficiency requirements for LED replacements lamps that are manufactured on or after January 1, 2018. This is a California regulation only and does not apply to any other state.
Products Included and Basic Requirements
General Service, Directional, Recessed Can Retrofit, and Decorative LED Lamps with E12, E17, E26 and GU-24 bases.
LED lamps manufactured on or after January 1, 2018, shall meet the following performance criteria:
- Average CRI of 82 or greater
- Power factor of 0.7 or greater
- Rated life of 10,000 hours or more
- Light distribution:
- Omnidirectional lamps (A-Lamps) meet ENERGY STAR® Lamps v2.0 requirements
- Decorative lamps (B, BA, C, CA, f, or G) meet ENERGY STAR® Lamps v1.1 requirements
- Minimum efficacy of 68 lm/W
Small-Diameter Directional Lamps (MR16 with Pin-bases)
Beginning January 1, 2018, regulated lamps shall meet the following criteria:
- Rated life of 25,000 hours or greater
- Efficacy of at least 80lm/W